Biosearch Technologies brand update
Effective April 2022, the Lucigen brand will start its final phases of transitioning to Biosearch Technologies, LGC’s comprehensive genomics portfolio. They are making this change because Biosearch Technologies unifies all legacy brands under one collective offer. This allows them to provide consistency across all of their products and services so they can deliver optimal support across our customers’ entire genomics workflow and at every stage of their product development pipeline.
The Lucigen website will eventually retire and become absorbed by Biosearch Technologies’ website and its subdomains. Their current target website retirement date is June 2022.Changes related to this branding transition include:
- Lucigen branded products will transition to the Biosearch Technologies portfolio brand
- They will not re-label existing product on their shelves. Until existing stock of Lucigen labeled products are depleted, you may see a mixture of Lucigen and Biosearch Technologies branded products in your order.
- All product documentation has already started to transition to Biosearch Technologies branding.
- All products will retain their current product part numbers. This will not change.
- Specification, quality and performance of the products will not change.
Why is the brand changing?
LGC has seen some considerable expansion and continues to grow its genomics portfolio. To help keep their customer’s mission critical project on target and moving quickly, LGC has brought together all of their genomics technologies into a single, unified portfolio – Biosearch Technologies.
Will the products I am using stay the same?
The product composition, formulation, technical specification and source will not be changing. There will be some changes to the product packaging where boxes and labels will be updated to a single style to match the Biosearch Technologies branding.
Is the product documentation changing?
Product documentation have already started to transition to align with the Biosearch Technologies portfolio brand. The technical details of our product documents are not changing.
Will the packaging change?
Packaging will be updated over time.