DaraEx - anti-CD38 antibody neutralizing agent
Antibody based drugs can disturb serological blood group testing since the examined antigens can be masked by the therapeutic antibodies. An anti-CD38 antibody for treatment of multiple myeloma shows a strong interference in the indirect antiglobulin test (IAT) where most of the reactions turn to unspecifically (wrong) positive. The time consuming standard technique using Dithiothreitol (DTT) counteracts the interference but has major drawbacks like destruction of Kel antigens or hemolysis. The imusyn DaraEx compound inhibits the agglutination effect of anti-CD38 in IAT without side effects.
- Preincubation of test cells with DaraEx for 30 min
- Cells can be used for indirect antiglobulin test with conventional gel card systems
Advantages of DaraEx
- Quick and simple procedure
- Specific inhibition of anti-CD38 reactivity without affecting other antigens or alloantibody reactions
- No side effects like destruction of blood group antigens or hemolysis as described for the standard DTT treatment
- No need for expensive anti-idiotypic antibodies or soluble CD38 protein for blocking anti-CD38
Art no. 004 020 001 - DaraEx, Tube á 450 µl
Art no. 004 020 002 - DaraEx Positive Control, 450 µl
Vill du veta mer? Kontakta oss gärna.
Kontakt: Elna Follin